Thursday, September 25, 2008

Kid's Triathlon 2008

This past Sunday Pumpkin participated in the Thunder Kid's Triathlon. He had a great race taking first in his age group. I was very impressed. He has the swimming down. He had not run or rode a bike in a long time. He just hopped on and did it. It may have inspired him to try some more. His transitions are the slowest as he doesn't have the technology real racers have.

We convinced Peanut to participate too. He is such a great little athlete, but doesn't like to try new things. We got him to do this one as part of a relay team. They were awesome! And, Peanut just may have the confidence he needs to show off his athleticism at few more of these type of events!

I have a list of a million things to do. I ended up playing with Picasa and creating this little slideshow. Soon I will break down and buy iLife for my Mac. Then, I could make collages and do even more creative things!! Just imagine how long my lists would get. I would not get anything else done.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

yeah for your guys!!!!! They are AWESOME!!! Can't beat first place! This must be the season for triathlons because Craig's brother just did one Saturday morning! I have NO desire to ever do one but I would love to do a mini-marathon! How about you do the bike part, I'll do the running... and we just need someone to swim for us! That would be a good relay team! ;)