Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Love Craigslist

On Monday while I was throwing the ball with the dog, I got the idea to snap a few photos of the playset.

I listed it very reasonably on Craigslist. The Big Guy thought I was crazy. Who would want to buy it? The playset was here when we moved in. We've updated it and kept it up the past years. I was sure some other children would love to play on it. All it needed was some TLC. I was not prepared for the number of emails I received on the playset. The interest was phenomenal! I may have priced it all too low. I sold it to the first email I received only 15 minutes after posting it. The family came and disassembled it this afternoon. That alone was a job.

Anyway, the boys climbed on it for one last time this afternoon. They did not seem too heart broken. Peanut wanted to know if they would get a piece of the sale seeing as they played on it the most. Gotta love it!

Here is the pile on the driveway. The owners are picking it up on Saturday. They have four kids under seven who all came to help with the process. I was so happy that kids will get to use it and the kids will enjoy it. Sometimes, we take for granted all we have. The mother was as excited as the kids. She could not believe they were going to have something for the kids to climb on. She was so grateful that I did not price the set high. She even asked me if I wanted more. Are you kidding me? I was only looking to get out something for the climbing wall and slide.

Here is the after picture. We have some work to do on the yard. Now, we have room to put in a pool! Keep Dreaming!

This Craigslist fan has got some sewing to do. Wait until you see all the projects I've been working on. That is reserved for the tomorrow's post!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I can't wait to see what you're sewing!!! And that's so great that you could make another family so happy! Craig's list is a wonderful thing. My dad actually sold his old shower doors, his bathroom mirror and the lights. Some guy was fixing up a rental! So you never know! I think you guys should get a pool. Can you write that off as being an investment in your son's swimming future??