Tuesday, September 16, 2008

More Sewing

I have lots of things to post. I thought I would start with my latest pass time. I've been sewing a bit more. My piles of fabric are growing and I want to hit Hancock's in the morning to get a few solids. Here's my latest endeavors~

I made a tote for my uncle. It is his 80th birthday and I decided the birthday boy needed an Elvis tote. It turned out okay. I like this style of tote with the straps that go down the sides.

I even surprised myself hiding a pocket in the inside!

We had some friends from South Carolina visit this weekend. That is a post in itself. I wanted to make sure Beverly had keepsake of her vacation to Memphis. I found some more Elvis fabric and made this tote. I like the fabrics.

Here is a close up of Elvis!

I had some fabric left over and saw this idea for a tea bag wallet on Christy's Creations blog. I knew just THE person who needed a tea bag wallet. I whipped up two. The buttons came from my grandma's button box. Gotta love it! I sent one home to mom and the other will soon be opened by my aunt. Both drink tea and have been known to carry loose tea bags in their purses for a tea emergency! Now they can have tea bags that are in fashion!!

Ruthie, What do you think of those?

Peanut was invited to a birthday party. His friend loves the University of Florida. I decided to take a step out of the Target card gift. It seems like the kids nowadays just exchange gift cards. That is so NOT me! Look at what I came up with. I used the reading pillow pattern by the former Montessori by Hand, now called Sew Liberated. I started with a collection of Florida fabrics.

The finished pillow is amazing! It was pretty easy for this novice sewer to finish. I made my own piping! How exciting is that?

I went to the Friends Again book store at the library and found the book, Heat, to add to the pillow.

I don't know how the pillow went over with the recipient. What I do know is that two little boys in this house are anxiously awaiting their own reading pillows. They are excited to read and I am thrilled a pillow can create the enthusiasm. Their fabric is on the sewing table, but their pillows are not in progress, yet! I have it on the list:))

I am going to have to sneak up there tomorrow...

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Becky-- these are so awesome!!! I love the Elvis fabric. That was a great idea. And the fact that you just added a pocket like it was nothing! Your little tea bag wallet is adorable too. And I know what fun that reading pillow is! Yours turned out GREAT! I hope the friend really likes it. Wow... you are quick too! So seriously... have you considered opening an etsy shop?? I'm thinking you will have some great ideas for Christmas this year!!
(btw... the bookstore thing is through amazon so I don't have control over the shipping! If I did, you KNOW I would ship FEDEX!) :) And that painting does look like Jane... I didn't realize it! I'm flattered that it might have meant you thought I painted it!! I'm totally not that good!