Friday, April 25, 2008

Date Day!


We finally celebrated our anniversary just 12 days late! The Big Guy took the day off of work and we spent it together. It was a treat. We have found over the years that we enjoy the day. It is nice to have the time together before the boys get out of school in the next month.

We started the day off with a bike ride. My husband is so kind. He did not put any pressure on me and just pedaled right with me. He is a much more accomplished biker than I am. It started out kind of stressful as I knew I was going slower than what he normally goes. I was working really hard. Then, I gasped for a deep breath and realized I just needed to enjoy it. Was he going to love me any less because I ride slower than he does? Fortunately, no. He was content riding with me. The weather was beautiful with a wind coming out of the south. We even struck up a conversation or two. I like the distraction of talking. He has become accustomed to deep thinking on his rides. We had a good time.

For a treat, we went out to lunch at a pizza and panini place on the square. I licked my plate clean! I was starving. I guess from all the fresh air. I got a portobello panini. That is something I won't make at home as mushrooms are only enjoyed by me:( The sammie was good. We struggled with what to do next. We have to make some decisions as to what project to do around the house. And, we need to focus on what the next car is going to be. We talked about test driving some vehicles today. One of the things I hate is walking into a showroom. As much as I'd like a plan for a new car, I did not want to spoil the day by visiting a car salesman. So, we headed to a local kitchen shop and we went to Home Depot. I think the next project is going to be the kitchen. We use that room so much and it needs a bit of updating. We are at the exploration stage. I may talk to a few designers to get their ideas and balance that against a budget. We want to do as much ourselves and that makes it kind of scary. Our ideas have spanned the gamut. We think we've come to reasonable starting place using some of what we have. We'll see what kind of progress we make.

Our day was a nice one. Now, he is off with one boy at soccer and I have to get the other one from swimming.

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Happy Anniversary!! It sounds like a wonderful day together!