Monday, April 7, 2008

Projects

My sisters are coming to visit on Saturday. I am very excited. We are having a Girls Weekend here! That along with the beautiful weather has inspired me to do some spring cleaning around here. I have so much to do and I keep uncovering new distractions. I tend to flit and flutter as I am getting the house ready.

One of the things I did this weekend was to sort of organize the guest bedroom closet. I think I just moved more stuff to the attic. I did uncover my sewing machine. It sits nicely in this closet. The idea was to make it my craft closet. I just haven't done any sewing since I moved the machine there two years ago. Now that you can see the machine, I felt the urge to sew! A few years ago, I made our kitchen window treatments with a toile fabric. I found a checked pattern that sort of matches. I referenced Amy Butler's In Stitches book and went to work on four placemats. I used interfacing that I had. I think they'd be nicer if they were not as flimsy. But, I was impressed with the simplicity of the project. I was also impressed that I completed it. We just won't be able to use the placemats until my sisters arrive!!!


I need to post a picture with table set. The white dishes will look good in the center minimizing the checks. I don't have time to do that tonight and blogger is having some issues with uploading pictures. I have to keep trying again and again.

My other project was my sock! I have completed one and have one more to do. I am pleased with the results. My other foot is a tad smaller. I think I will make the next one a tad smaller. Is that crazy to have a left and right sock?


The big news for this evening was Peanut scoring his first goal. He normally plays left fullback. The coach let him play up and within minutes he had his first goal. We were thrilled and he was excited. It was his first this year!!! What makes it even sweeter is that Peanut is plagued with allergies and was feeling miserable this morning. The drugs we gave him must have worked. Anyway, to celebrate, we stopped at Kroger on the way home. We splurged for cupcakes from the Oops We Baked Too Much rack. We settled right in to watch the Memphis Tigers and eat the treat. I enjoyed my cupcake by scraping the icing into the sink as I am not fond of that stuff. We live too close not to cheer, GO TIGERS!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Your socks are so cool!! Don't they feel great?! I love handknit socks. Your placemats also turned out really well! My spring placemats are (sadly) for decoration only because I know they will 1. get stained easily 2. not wash up well, as I didn't prewash the fabric. So I'll wait until I'm tired of them, then use them!!! Congratulations to your little man on an awesome goal!!! Nathaniel can relate to being stuck on defense... he's usually in the goalie box for half the game and has never had a chance to score a goal yet! And you'll have so much fun with your sisters!!! Tell them I said "hi" if they remember me!! I always wanted sisters like yours when i was growing up. You gave me some posters of Germany that they had brought home and I thought they were the coolest!!!

Bonnie said...

Great socks!! How nice that your sisters are coming to visit. I am currently in Washington DC with my sister, her daughter and my mother.