Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Signs of Spring

Over the last few days, more and more signs of spring popped up! It is quite hard to believe as we've had our fair share of rain. The ground is definitely soggy. We got over two inches of rain last night and the Bermuda grass loved it. It is starting to turn green. It must be about time to mow it! I don't know if I am ready for that.

Enjoy the wonders of nature just outside my front door!


These line the north side of our house in clusters between the Crepe Myrtle trees. They seemed to bloom right before our eyes. The only thing is they are on the side of the house we see the least. I hope our neighbors enjoy them!


This is the only splash of lavender in the yard. These Iris tried to bloom in the late fall when it was really warm. I was happy to see it blooming again this spring. There are a few more waiting to open in the next couple days.


Look closely at the bird's nest in the middle of the tree. You can see the bird's tail and its beak. The nest is a work of art - quite deep and almost perfectly round. I've felt sorry for the bird sitting on that nest as the rain keeps falling and falling and falling. I'll be watching for some babies!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Is that a Robin? I love all of your colors! We have begun to see the forsythia and some daffodils. It's all yellow around here!