Monday, April 14, 2008

Wow! What a Weekend!

We had a great weekend. Two of my three sisters, Rita & Gina, and my mom flew in to spend the weekend. We missed my sister Ruth:( She was returning from her spring break and could not make it for this GWO. The weekend was a big get-together to celebrate someone's big 50!

They got here Saturday afternoon. My mom has many years on us and my sisters thought it would be a good idea to get here a wheel chair. They weren't sure how far away the gates would be when they changed planes in Chicago. Well, in Memphis, I see my mom in this wide body wheel chair. All of us could have fit in it with her. It was too funny! Their trip was uneventful and we hit the ground running when they got here. We dropped their bags at home and headed for the town square in Collierville. We roamed in and out of the shops on the square. The azaleas are blooming. The town square is breath-taking. My sister is supposed to email the group photos we took from there.

I did take this one of the azaleas on the square.


Here is one of Rita being goofy trying to hide in the azaleas.


In one of the shops. I bought this. I love the concept of using the wine bottle for a candle stick holder. We shared this bottle on Sunday night. It was one we got out in Sonoma this summer.

Every time I walked by the table today, I smiled as the holder reminded me of the wonderful weekend:)

Rita emailed me a link to this. A few weekends ago, they were having a 50% sale on the certificates. We knew we'd go out while they were here. I ordered a handful of certificates. The Birthday Girl, Gina, said that she felt like Italian. We opted for dinner at Ronnie Grisanti's. I have heard out their reputation since we moved here seven years ago. The food was wonderful! I can't wait for my husband and I to go back. I had ravioli. It was one of the best I have ever had. The marinara sauce was out of this world too! It was so nice to eat and chat with my family in my town!!

This idea for a GWO started with going to see the musical, Menopause the Musical in Danville, KY. The show seemed like a very apropo way to celebrate a big birthday. As it turned out, airfare was nominal and the play was showing in Memphis. On Sunday afternoon we went to see the show. I cannot say enough about this show. It was hilarious. We laughed from start to finish. We weren't the only ones. The entire theatre was roaring. The music is songs we recognized with modified lyrics. The voices of the four women were amazing. If the show is in your area, you need to grab a group of girlfriends and go. Here we are before we headed down to the theatre.


Did I mention that Sunday was my anniversary? We've been married seventeen years! If you look over my shoulder, you can see the wedding photo. Gosh, I love this guy! He was very understanding all weekend. He took the kids under his wing and I got to play with my sisters. We are going to celebrate our anniversary in the next week or so:)


Sunday evening we enjoyed Corky's, a yummy local barbeque joint. We lit the OVER HILL CANDLES in an Apple Crisp Pie per the Birthday girl. She made a wish and blew!



The weekend flew by. I drove everyone to the airport this morning. They got home this afternoon. Everyone had a good time and we will cherish the memories. We'll have to make it some sort of annual tradition.

The only bummer over the weekend was the Peanut was sick. He came home from school Thursday afternoon running a fever. That continued and continues today. I took him back to the doctor this morning. He thinks Peanut has a specific virus. I don't remember the name. The fever runs its course for about 5 days. We are crossing our fingers that we are on the downward slope of this one. I am sorry he was sick. I am extremely grateful my husband assumed the caregiver role for the weekend.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

A BIG Happy Birthday to Gina!!! Your sisters look great! And so does your mom ;) I had to laugh about the wheel chair because she was really walking last weekend when I saw her! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. And Happy Anniversary to both of you!! (you look gorgeous btw!!). You do need to celebrate. You are one year ahead of us, but you know that! I still remember your wedding! Tell Peanut to feel better!!!