Monday, January 17, 2011

My Knitting Bag

For Christmas, my oldest sister gave me a knitting bag. She made it! It was packed with a knitting magazine, a gc for my lys, and a some chocolate to keep me smiling.

I schlepped the bag to the pool this weekend. There was lots of good swimming to be had!!

I got some knitting done, but not enough! I am making a baby shower gift and the shower is in 6 days! I am using the Mission Falls cotton to make a baby kimono sweater. I've never made one. The directions are easy enough. I just hope it lives up to my expectations!!

I finished the book, The Art of Racing in the Rain. The book is written from the dog's perspective. I loved that and continue to look at Buddy wondering what he is thinking. That is - - if dogs can really think! This book has it all. It is enjoyable, sad in moments, thought provoking, and I learned about car racing.

I stopped in to my lys on Thursday. I used my gift certificate to buy this scarf pattern, Molly. The yarn caught my eye from across the store. It is Classic Elite Liberty Wool in the Rainforest colorway. Love it! I just have to finish my other wips before I start something else!!

Thank you, Rita! I love my bag and am so excited to make myself a scarf!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm excited to see the kimono sweater! That was such a thoughtful gift and I can't believe she made it herself!