Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sunday Highlights

I did it! I finished the Mason Dixon Baby Kimono - just in time for the shower Sunday afternoon. I was not happy with the ribbon fretting over my options until the very last minute. I used Mission Falls 1864 Cotton. The yarn was wonderful to knit with and hides any tension issues that might be present. I am not sure it is the softest baby yarn, but after washing it softened up. I made the pattern a bit bigger crossing my fingers that it fits the baby in fall/winter of next year. Worst case, the baby may squeak in a few wears this spring before it gets too warm. If I make the pattern again, I'd knit matching icord and use that to tie the sweater closed.


It was fun to see all the "new" baby things that are on the market. It did make me feel kind of, sort of old!

After the shower, we had fondue for dinner. What a fun meal that is. I made a pizza fondue inlieu of pizza this week. It was a hit with everyone. I have more Chantal burner gel left. We just might have fondue for the Superbowl.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

The sweater is absolutely gorgeous Becky!!! Great job!