Sunday, January 2, 2011

National Civil Rights Museum

It is always nice when family comes in. It makes us be tourists in our own city.

On Thursday, we visited the National Civil Rights Museum. I've wanted to go for some time and this visit did not disappoint. The museum is at the Lorraine Motel, the site of MLK's assasination.

They say pictures are only permitted in front of this scuplture. I tried to look up more info on the sculpture, but did not find out anything after a quick search.

Here is my sister's family~

Here is my family~

We took the audio tour. It was informative. There is so much to read. You could spend hours there - until your brain goes into overload! I kept having to remind myself that this all happened close to the year I was born. In lots of ways, we've made lots of progress with equality. In other ways, it seems like there are still some challenges to overcome.

I agree with MLK's peaceful approach. If peace would shine in 2011, we'd all be better off!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

It is hard to believe that it wasn't so long ago. Have you been to the Freedom Museum in Cincy yet? I haven't but we were talking about it. Those are really good pictures of both families!!