Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day 2011!

Last night I made Chicken Pot Pie and Peanut embellished the top with a snowman. We were all hopeful the flakes falling from the sky would amount to something.

Sure enough. We ended up with 4-6 inches by this morning. School was cancelled by 9pm last night. What a treat!

We rounded up the family and headed out for a walk in the snow. There is nothing better to lift your spirits. I got to wear my BOGS. Wahoo! They kept my feet toasty. Peanut got to wear my "old" snow boots. I am not the best mom as far as winter gear goes for my boys. We just don't use it too often here. I'm all for making due with what you've got.

It was snowing so hard that I could not get a "clean" shot. Those lime green pants have such a history. They were pulled on for many snow storms in PA. They are not to fashionable, but they keep you dry.

Buddy kept losing the ball in the snow. By the time we came in he had balls of snow hanging on his fur. He seemed to love every minute of it.

I shoveled the driveway and am mustering up the energy to go sled riding with the boys.

It's not supposed to get too warm. I just wonder if they'll be in school tomorrow - one of the perks of snow in the South. We don't have any real equipment to get the snow off the roads.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Don't lose Buddy in the snow!!! Enjoy it. My kids are praying for that up here in the NORTH!!! ;)