Monday, March 10, 2008

My Weekend

Wow! We started the weekend with the kids getting out two hours early in preparation of snow. And, we got it! I was the one who went out in it on Friday night. I had to go to choir rehearsal. It was our first and only rehearsal with the brass. We all had to brave the storm. The condition of the roads surprised me. Fairly large roads were covered with snow. They just don't have the equipment here. It was a slow go, but the scenery was beautiful. After rehearsal, the roads were in much better shape making the drive home a non-event. When I got home, I was wound up. I convince the Big Guy and Peanut to get their boots on. We grabbed some beers, snapped the leash on the dog and went for a walk. It has to rank up there as the prettiest walk. A blanket of snow covered everything. Buddy was just giddy with all this white stuff around. The wind was blowing and the snowflakes pelted us in the face - not the best conditions!

The boys spent their mornings playing in the snow. The slightest slope in the grass was a target for the sled. Snowmen popped up everywhere. The snow was perfect for building and for snow balls. We have morphed into Southerners. We don't have the clothes needed for the snow. We did so many loads drying off the boys' wet stuff.

I had my concert on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. We commissioned a piece by the chorale composer, Wayland Rogers. He flew into the area from Chicago just for the event. It was wonderful. The music was very challenging. It was nice to have the support of many friends at the show. I am just glad it is over. I need to see if I can get a copy of the recording to listen to it and to send to my mom. It is amazing how tiring all that singing is!

When I got home last night, my wonderful hubby did it all. He grilled burgers and did the entire dinner thing. I just sipped my wine and zoned out. All the singers were begging for a Monday night off. But, we did not get anywhere. We have to get new music and start rehearsing tonight. I wonder how many folks will really be there.

This week, I have to take charge here at the house. Off and running on this Monday...

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I was wondering how your concert went and it sounded like it went wonderfully!! I can imagine that it's tiring. I was singing with Caroline on Friday night and we used a lot of lung power... I thought of you and how badly I sound!!! :) I can't believe you guys were playing in snow this weekend and we only had rain! It's a crazy world!
Thanks for your nice note today. My painting didn't turn out well in the scan. I'll let you know what happens. This is my stressful OM week so I have no idea how it will all work!!!!