Friday, March 14, 2008

Walk #14

The sky is grey out. It rained quite a bit overnight. The sidewalks have puddles and the ground is soupy. But, we set out on our walk anyway!

You can see the sky in this picture. You can't see the signs of spring too well. The Bradford Pear trees all have blooms on them. The little white flowers seemed to have appeared overnight.

There is a small splash of white in the woods. I love it! Most of the lawns are Bermuda grass. It goes dormant in the winter and makes the landscape dull. It will take a few more weeks to turn green. Any splash of color is a welcomed sight!

Along the edge of the woods, I saw some bamboo. It would make some pandas very happy:) I was a bit surprised to see it as I have heard that it is quite invasive.

In my ear, I had the Shuffle on shuffle. I have not done that in a long time. It was fun to go from listening to Norah Jones, Michael Buble, the Wolf River Singers, Sheryl Crow, and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I waited in anticipation to see what the next song was. It doesn't take much to thrill me! I ended with the accompaniment for my Italian song I am working on. I wonder if the neighbors heard me practicing with it. It is a very fast piece. I finally got the words down. There are a few runs in the music that don't match the accompaniment. I am struggling with it and it continues over and over again in my head. I will be glad when it is mastered!

Have a good one! The boys are on spring break next week. We are sticking around here - crossing my fingers that lots gets checked off the list. I am sure we will work in some fun too!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Becky... have a great weekend!! You guys are lucky that you get spring break (we don't!). I had to check in to see what was going on there. I have a song for you to download: "Praise You" by Fatboy Slim. I heard it on the radio, downloaded it and it's been in my head all day! I think it will be my and Craig's new song! (though he has no idea what it is when I sing it!!!). Or maybe you should wait until you have your song down! I LOVED that first photo you took! It is really, really cool!!!!