Monday, March 3, 2008

Spanx...This Way



Photo taken from the Spanx site.

This may be more information than you need to know. But, I took the plunge and ordered by first pair of Spanx yesterday. My choir concert is coming up next week. Our formal attire is a sleeveless black tank dress covered by a sequin jacket. The dress reminds me of the travel wear from Chico's. It is very comfortable. The jacket is a bit flashier than what I normally wear. But, the outfit is flattering on all body types and looks great in performance. I was thinking about the dress and realized a pair of Spanx would be the perfect compliment. I ordered a pair without feet thinking I'd get more use out of them. We'll see! When I worked many years ago, pantyhose were a daily necessity. Being a SAHM now, they are the farthest thing from my mind. I am lucky if I make it out of my sweatpants! I did not select the expedited shipping option. I am crossing my fingers that the package makes it here on time!

Now, for the shoes. I have to get looking for a comfortable pair. Last spring, I wore my old black pump standards. Wow! My feet were aching by the end of the first show. I hope there is something out there...

2 comments:

Sara :) said...

If they don't show up in time, Target sells a discount version of the same thing. They're even by the same lady that makes the Spanx (and I actually like the Target version better). They're called ASSETS by Sara Blakely and they have the footless, the tights, the pantyhose, the super control top... all the options they have in the Spanx but much cheaper :)

Bethany said...

This is why I blog...lots of good advice out there!! My favorite shoe store here sells all the shoes that are supposed to be comfortable and modern at the same time! I got tired of my feet hurting every day. I also realized that at some point after having the kids, my feet grew!! Who knew?!! I even wear heels occasionally now!