Sunday, March 2, 2008

Tupelo, Mississippi

Peanut had a soccer tournament in Tupelo this weekend. Lots of his teammates stayed overnight down there. We did not have the flexibility to do that. It is less than an 1.5 hour drive. On Saturday, his games were at 12pm and 6pm. The rules of the tournament were interesting and did not work in favor of Peanut's team. They did show improvement with signs of some "real" soccer coming out. Peanut just loves it. We keep telling ourselves that is all that matters.

Tupelo is just far enough that we could not drive back in between the games. So, we hung out? What is there to do you ask? There is the Tupelo Automobile Museum or the birthplace of Elvis. The boys choice was unanimous. We headed off to see the cars. I don't know what I was expecting. It turned out is was a large warehouse decorated somewhat with about 60 cars in it. There were audio boxes in front of each car. It is a good idea, but you grow tired of listening to the boxes. Peanut lost interest early on. There was a survey for your favorite car. We each selected different ones.

I chose this 1939 Ford Convertible. I liked the color, shape and details of the car.

The Big Guy chose the 1964 1/2 Mustang. It is the ugliest color car there! But, that is what is first car was and it brought back all those memories. I don't think there were too many parking memories!

Peanut chose the BMW Izetta. He loved the idea of entering the car from the front. It was a creative microcar. I don't think he knew his mom has her eye on a Mini (my irrational choice of a new car!)

Pumpkin chose the Ford Fastback. I think he did it just to get a reaction from his father.

I guess if you have an hour to kill in Tupelo, head to the museum. It used up some time. We were able to go to mass right before Peanut's game. He played very well. We headed home for a night's rest in our beds. The Big Guy and Peanut returned for an early morning game. Pumpkin and I stayed here to do PRE.

The weather was great! Spring must not be too far away.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

The car photos were a lot of fun! The boys' choices cracked me up! And what IS IT with mustangs and guys our age?!! I thought it was just a Greenhills thing, but obviously David feels the same way!
I vote that you get a mini!! I just saw a convertible the other day and told Caroline that I'd love one of those!!