Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sleep, My Child and Peace Attend Thee

Great news from the family! My niece, Rachel, and her husband, Kevin, are pregnant AND expecting a baby girl!

We are so excited for them. I just talked to her on Wednesday. She is feeling good. She will have lots of doctor visits with this pregnancy so they can keep track of everything. I haven't talked to my brother and sister-in-law. I have been thinking about them lots. I know they must be thrilled, too!

Rachel went home to her parent's this past weekend. Look at what my brother, Rick, surprised her with!



It is gorgeous! He made it himself. He is very handy remodeling lots in the house. I never knew he had woodworking talent too. This is a treasure. It is the homemade gifts that mean the most. Lots of time and endless love went into the production of this cradle. Wow, Rick! It is great to see hope back in this family:) We'll keep the prayers coming for a healthy and speedy pregnancy.

When I saw a picture of the cradle, I immediately thought of this song. It is one that I did for my lessons. I have not sung it in many months. I gave it a shot today. This Mac is something else. I was able to use Garageband transferring the .mp3 file of the accompaniment and recording the voice. Please be kind. This is very incriminating. I do not have a microphone and I had just rode home on my bike with Adam. I don't have any more time to re-do it. So, here goes! I love the words of this song - very apropo for a baby sleeping in a cradle!

Figuring out how to upload this and attach it to the blog took up lots of time. I ended up opening an iweb account on .mac using the 60 day free trial option. This Mac stuff is getting contagious. I am already thinking about all the blogging potential it may have!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Becky, I love that song! And now I even love it more because I will think of you singing it from now on. Please tell Rachel and Kevin that I will be praying for their new baby girl to be healthy and come safely into the world!! I am so happy for them!!!