Friday, February 22, 2008

That Nagging Ankle!

We are in the midst of our "mini" family vacation at Pumpkin's swim meet in Nashville. This has been a tough one all around. That ankle is affecting him. Off the block on his first swim, he got scared that he'd hurt it on his flip turns. It was brutal to watch him coast into the walls for a flip turn. He is just not himself. He has worked so hard and it breaks my heart. We are all trying to learn from this and make the most of it. It can be easier said then done. We've got a couple more days to go. This is definitely a character building experience! Say some prayers for us that the ankle muscles get stronger and that as a mother, I can say the right things - easier said then done!!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I hope your weekend turned out well. I keep thinking that he is still young and has many more tournaments to swim ahead of him. I can't believe he was even able to do this one!!! He should feel proud of himself for trying.