Sunday, February 17, 2008

MSO

Last night, we had the opportunity to go to attend the Memphis Symphony Orchestra's show, Mancini & Moonlight. It was very apropo with the time of the year as Valentine's Day was just on Thursday. I wore my red pants - kind of wild for me! We weren't sure if the kids would enjoy it or not. I think they did. They youngest one even said that the show did NOT last that long! We are grateful to our friends that offered us the tickets.

I did not realize how much Henry Mancini had written. My husband thought parts of the show were like watching the credits at the end of shows. He wrote the music for so many! There were two singers that performed with the orchestra. I think my favorite was Two for the Road. It inspired me to rent the movie with Audrey Hepburn. I also want to rent the movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's. It was nice evening, a cultural experience:)

The Cannon Center is gorgeous!

The symphony's program for this season.

The boys before the show.

It took our photography quite a few tries to even get one photo that was "acceptable." I think you can see our frustration on our faces. Oops! I get my hair done on Tuesday and just might need to do something to cover up that forehead!!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That sounds like a wonderful evening! I'm happy to hear that the boys enjoyed it too! And I love your hair... you're being too critical!!!