Saturday, February 9, 2008

Weekend Movies

We got to watch some movies this weekend. We felt like it was a luxury as normally there are activities or school projects to complete. We got to kick back and relax.

Last night we watched Unaccompanied Minors
as a family. The boys thought is was great! I had a few laughs out loud. David even had a few chuckles in between a few nods. It was enjoyable. I am not sure where I was during the holidays - probably knitting slippers, but I did not know anything about this flick. I am also happy to say the Volvo in the movie is WAY older than the Volvo that takes up residence at this house!

Tonight, I attempted to roast a chicken. This is the second time in two weeks that I attempted to tackle a chicken. I won't be doing it again! Both times, the chicken was not completely cooked. I met all the criteria when I pulled it out of the oven. It is just so hard to tell when it is done. I will be sticking to chicken breasts from now on. The bad thing is I have two more chickens frozen in the freezer. I guess that wasn't a good Costco purchase! Anyway, we salvaged the night by watching the other movies we got.

The boys went upstairs and watched Surfs Up! They said it was really good. I tried to poll them for specifics and did not get much. I think they were tired and already bumming about having to get up early for church tomorrow morning.

My husband and I watched A Mighty Heart. It is not a light-hearted flick. I knew the outcome and still had an unsettling feeling in my stomach. But, I have to say it was an eye opener. I am impressed with Mariane Pearl and will do some searches to see what her recent journalistic endeavors are. She is an amazing woman. If you need a thought provoker or are interested in Pakistan, rent the movie. I did a quick google after the movie and found this written by Daniel Pearl's dad. It does make an important statement regarding journalists and the marketing of news.

I did not mention any painting. We did not get any done! We had swim practice, basketball game, indoor soccer game, iphone info session, bike ride by the main man, and outside time that all interfered. Oh! I forgot to mention planning for PRE. I did that in record time. I will be crossing my fingers and saying some prayers that all goes well in the morning.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

First I hope that PRE went well today! My kids were so full of energy... I thought I missed Valentine's Day for a second because it seemed they already ate lots of candy! And about your chicken... I found that if you leave it in until the top starts turning a golden brown color, then usually it is done. But it's one of those things where you have to know your own oven! They all vary in temps.