Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pumpkin Cast On

Yes! You read it correctly. The oldest one, Pumpkin, got a cast on yesterday. He was out on his scooter on Sunday afternoon for just a few minutes. I guess that is all it takes. At the neighbors behind us, he rode a small ramp and came down on the ankle funny. The younger brother ran and got us. Pumpkin limped home. He was able to walk on it and we were pretty sure it was just a sprained ankle. He stayed home from school Monday and I made an appointment with the doctor. She was able to squeeze us in, but the wait was really long. Neither one of us brought anything else to do. We ended up playing with my phone and my camera. It was a hoot.

I tried to quickly edit all this as I am supposed to grocery shopping, painting, getting pretty and I got sucked into iMovie. This is my first one. Please bear with it. There is minimal audio, but you get the picture



Did I mention that the Southeastern swimming championships are next Thursday, 2/21, in Nashville? His fracture is on his growth plate. I guess it is fairly common. He'll be casted for a week and the doctor will make the go/no go decision on Monday as to whether or not he can swim in the meet. Gotta love it!

He ventured off to school today. I am anxious to see how he made out.

And, the cast is waterproof. So, he is going to go to swim practice and move his arms in the water. Yeehaw!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Oh my!!! I can't believe he's going to swim with that on! Just when you think you'll have a regular week, huh?! ;) I hope he managed to get around school okay today. We'll say some prayers for his healing tonight. Hang in there!