Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day Mrs. J

Last week, I was "organizing" all the yarn I have accumulated over the last months making all those slippers. I decided to whip together a scarf for my son's third grade teacher in honor of Valentine's Day. You see the end result.
I had to start and restart a few times as I kept running out of yarn. I had to come up with a pattern that worked with the scraps I had. The scarf is knit on US 35s with eight stitches on a row. I used two threads. The first section, A, is knit with a variegated worsted and a eyelash - of sorts. The second section, B, is knit with two of the variegated. I sequenced the sections in ABABA format. I had a bit of the variegated left and added a short fringe to the bottom. I have decided that fringe really finishes off a scarf.


My son was thrilled to have something to give to his all time favorite teacher. We are so grateful for the love she has shown my son all year long. Happy Valentine's Day, Mrs. J!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I LOVE the colors in this scarf!! I'm sure she did too! Wow... lucky, lucky teacher!