Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Coloring for Valentine's

Last Friday afternoon, my older son was at swim practice and the younger son was looking for something to do. The laundry room contents is all over the dining room. I won't mention how long it is taking to paint the laundry room, closet and trim! I saw the markers and books sitting there and suggested that he do something from this

He selected a very detailed one. He is very precise and is still working on it. We decided to use reds, pinks and purples using the finished product as some sort of Valentine's Day card. At this point, I am not sure if he will finish it in time. His interested has waned.

I decided to sit down and try my hand at one too. I do not have the patience he has and wanted to finish mine. This is what I came up with. In retrospect, I should have limited the colors even more. But, it is festive for Valentine's. Now, I have to figure out how to use it to decorate my blog!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I think these are really cool! What a great idea! I remember having a book like this in elementary school and just loved it. And your colors are great... I wouldn't change a thing :)