Wednesday, February 6, 2008

New Grocery Items

Yesterday afternoon I was just about done with my grocery shopping and noticed it was pouring down rain. I did not bring an umbrella and was wearing a white t-shirt. I decided the prudent thing to do was to walk around the store a bit more. In the past year, the store was remodeled and the organic section grew immensely. These things just happened into my cart ~

The consensus in the house is that this tea is very good. It is a bit pricey, but you get a glass too. I am not going to ask who needs a glass! If it has all the health benefits pomegranate is supposed to have, then it may be worth it. I am going to keep my eye open for a sale.

This looks pretty good! I bought to put in the freezer for an emergency. I don't think the kids will like it, but it is right up my alley.

One of my pet peeves is the salt content in prepared foods. I strongly disagree with items marked lower sodium still containing 25-30% of your daily requirement in one serving. I don't see how companies can promote items as being healthy when they contain a ton of salt. I was pleased to find this broth with only 4% of your daily salt per serving. The truth will be in the taste. I am going to use it in a tortellini pesto soup later in the week. We'll see what it is like.

Lastly, I migrated to the ice cream cooler. I saw these minis. They are lower in fat and may just hit the spot. My older son tried one today and gave it the thumbs up. I may have one for dessert!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

You and I would get along well on a grocery trip! I've tried the tea and loved it... but you're right--pricey. I think I threw out my glasses before we moved the last time. I LOVE spinach and artichokes!!!! "Amy's" makes wonderful spinach/feta pockets which I adore (and just had a sample at the grocery an hour ago!). Imagine makes really good products...they are usually recommended. And ice cream sandwiches are a staple around here! I tried to get Craig to go soy but he is too much a dairy man... born and raised on a dairy farm will do that to you! (I only drink soy milk though!!)