Thursday, March 6, 2008

Walk #6

I was tempted to bag the walk today and head out on my two wheels. The weather is just beautiful albeit a bit windy. They say it is supposed to turn back to winter tomorrow. If it does, I am crossing my fingers for some real snow!!

I felt sorry for the puppy dog and decided to stick with my plan of walking. I had some Norah Jones Not Too Late in my ear. I love her voice. I saw some things on the walk too!

Look at the daffodils behind the iron fence. Their yellow just adds a splash of color to the scenery. We are still waiting for the daffodils in our yard. Their green leaves are about 6 inches high with no buds visible.

This is a Bradford Pear tree starting to wake up from a winter siesta.

These are the maple trees in our front yard. They cast a rosy pink hue this time of year.

It is amazing! Spring is not too far away:)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Spring is coming a little quicker for you, but I saw the buds on all the forsythia bushes that line our property on my walk today!! And I had been listening to Nora Jones as I pulled up your blog!!! I haven't heard the album you were listening to. I love her first one so much. I'll have to check it out!