Tuesday, November 25, 2008

All Southwest 2008

Pumpkin had the opportunity to sing in the All Southwest Tennessee chorus this year. It is amazing what the conductors do with these kids. The music was fabulous and he enjoyed the experience. We carpooled from our school. I know he liked the odds of one boy to three girls!!

Dr. Jessica Napoles from the University of Utah was their conductor. She was very creative. They processed in singing Praise the Lord by Ralph Johnson. It was a wonderful way to use this repetitive piece. It was impressive. Pumpkin lined up right by us. Who knew? I bought the pants for him a few weeks ago. He tried them on and said they were good. What about the length? I did not see them on him until an hour before the show and it was too late to do anything about it. I guess these pants will be long enough for the spring honors chorus.

Here is the group after they sang. Again - this choir is an audition choir comprised of kids from all over Southwest TN.

If only I had a fancy smancy camera...I could have zoomed right in and taken a clear picture. I wonder if Santa is checking my blog.

Here he is on his way back to his seat to listen to the senior choir. That was impressive too!


We are grateful for his voice and for the opportunity to participate in this event. It opens his eyes to possibilities!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I wish I could hear his choir sing!!! What a great experience! I hope Santa reads your blog too! ;)