Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Addendum & Weekend Happenings

I forgot to show you the picture of the Big Guy and I in costume. We went to a costume party on Saturday night. Keep this yin and yang in mind if you want an economical costume that gets lots of comments. It was perfect. We had a nice time. The party hosts live in an historic house off of the square in Collierville. The things they have done to the house! They had a chiminea outside. The weather was perfect for sitting by the fire.

Before the party was over, Pumpkin called me to tell me some good news. Earlier in the day, he auditioned for the All Southwest TN Chorus. He said that he messed up on an entrance and was worried about the results. We know he has a wonderful voice. We just did not know if the judges would think so. Apparently, they thought he did great. He auditioned for a Tenor I position. He ended up with the 7th chair! We are thrilled and so is he. This is a wonderful experience. A guest conductor comes in and gets the choir (comprised of kids from all over) ready. They spend about two days all together. The final performance is amazing. The Big Guy and I are looking forward to it the weekend before Thanksgiving. Here was Pumpkin before the audition.

Yesterday, there was a 5K benefiting the public schools. The proceeds come back to the music departments. The boys decided to participate. The weather was perfect and the turn out was huge. I was the designated cheerleader and failed. I missed Peanut finishing. He ran a personal best beating a soccer teammate. Apparently, that boy was talking some smak to Adam during the run. Adam showed him! The Big Guy did okay ending without any foot problems, a ailment he experiences after running lately. Pumpkin finished and decided to stick to swimming. I saw him and commented about him being out on a Sunday stroll. He'll never admit to telling Peanut he could beat him. That was his talk before the race. Peanut left him in the dust!

I've been doctoring a scratchy, dry throat. I don't know if it is just some allergy or if there is a cold looming in the future. It wiped me out last night - that and the time change. Peanut grabbed my phone and snapped this little black mail. Doesn't it look like I am deep in thought? Fooled them! I was sound asleep. My throat is still scratchy and my voice is a bit lower. We'll see how choir rehearsal goes tonight!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Oh, I'm sad to hear you're under the weather! I hope you feel better soon. I called Cincy yesterday and Glenda has the flu. I'm afraid we're getting into that cold/flu season! I love your costumes! That was a great idea! And I am SO proud of Peanut for doing so well in the 5K!!! Tell him he's awesome for me! And Congrats to Pumpkin for his huge accomplishment with getting picked for the chorus!!! I wish I could hear him sing!! I'd be there if I lived near you! Lots of good news in this post!! ;) Now you just get better!