Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Student Leader Plunge


Pumpkin was nominated by his teacher to participate in the People to People World Leadership Forum in Washington DC. We have deliberated and deliberated about the decision. Tonight we took the plunge and decided to go for it. He will attend the forum during his spring break assuming there is still availability that week. Our plan, at this time, is to drive him up there. We'll spend our week sightseeing and he'll get to go to the conference. I just could not put him on a plane ALL by himself. I know things may change and I might have to do it. If that is the case, I will rise to the occasion. This appears to be a wonderful experience and will give him the opportunity to learn so much. I am hoping he will keep a journal and I might get to share some of it.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm so glad you decided to let him do this! There is not a lot of opportunity at this age to participate in such an interesting program. I always thought it was so great that you got to participate in the exchange student program. Just think of all that you learned through that! Tell him he needs to start a blog if he goes so we can learn about it too! ;)