Wednesday, November 5, 2008

CSA #8 and More

I picked up my eighth half order of veggies from the farmer today. I have never cooked greens in my life. I guess that is about to change. I had my choice of kale or broccoli rabe greens. I chose broccoli rabe greens. The flowery part doesn't grow until spring, but the leaves will continue to grow throughout most of the winter. Apparently, you can cook them up like other kinds of greens. I did a google search and think I will try it in this recipe. I also got tomatoes, green peppers, sweet potatoes, and radishes.

Yesterday, I was reading some blogs and found this one by Jess. I love her earrings and have added them to my wish list. When you scroll down her blog, she gives a great pumpkin muffin recipe. The timing was perfect as I was about to make pumpkin bread. These are wonderful and were enjoyed by all this morning for breakfast.

On my way home from picking up my produce, I made a little detour to the LYS. These two yarns just happened to end up in my front seat. I have ideas but may not be able to share the wip as the holidays are approaching!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Lots of great things on this post! I LOVE those yarns!! I can't wait to see what you do with them! And the pumpkin muffins look so delicious...mmmm!