Saturday, November 29, 2008

Grateful for This & That

I tell you what. I have enjoyed this weekend. The Big Guy had Wednesday off and we went to work. We raked, mowed and cleaned up the beds crossing our fingers it may be the last for the season.

Thanksgiving was a lovely day spent with my inlaws. We ate mid afternoon. Perfect! We only had one meal with a sweet snack later in the night while we were preparing for a garage sale.

We only did a little shopping on Friday. I looked through all the ads and nothing knocked me over. Surprisingly, I spent the most moolah at Hancock's. We bought some of this and some of this. I am going to make a shower curtain for our guest bath. I have a vision in my head and hope I can come close. The fabric led to paint. We bought a Ralph Lauren paint from Home DePot in the color beachside raffia. We'll see how it turns out as we usually use Benjamin Moore historic colors. I am breaking open the paint can on Sunday.

Today we had our garage sale. The regulars told us we were the only ones having a sale. Who else has a sale on a cold dreary day? We did okay. The white bikes sold via Craigslist and we are showing the road bike tomorrow. Craigslist is a great thing and we loved the idea of working it in parallel with the garage sale. We took some stuff to Goodwill and put some up in the attic. We'll try one more sale before Pumpkin heads to DC in the spring.




I dug out some tshirts designated for the garage sale and made some caps for the Cap to Caps project. It was my first time sewing on jersey. I used the zigzag stitch as I don't have a serger. This is a wonderful initiative. I will get them in the mail to Amanda on Monday.

Tomorrow is church, painting, soccer, basketball, and preparing for a full week of school. We are contemplating pulling the Christmas decorations out. I think that will have to wait until next weekend!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

You can tell you live in the south... you just don't see garage sales up here! Nathaniel would have gone crazy at your sale! I see lots of stuff he'd be interested in. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. We're thinking of pulling out the Christmas decorations tonight after my OM team comes. Now I'm getting really worried about getting everything done for Christmas!