Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween 2008


The Big Guy got in the Halloween spirit this year. He wore the tattoo arm sleeves to work. He doesn't normally dress so casually. It was all the part. The funniest thing is that one person thought they were real. If you knew him, you'd know this is the farthest thing from him.

Both boys wore fun things to school all week in honor of Red Ribbon Week. It is a week dedicated to saying no to drugs. On Friday, Pumpkin had jersey day. We dug out David's jersey from 8th grade football. Pretty cool, huh?

I picked up #7 of my CSA half order on Wednesday. A cold snap hit us and the farmers were scrambling to get all off the plants that they could. We got a wide mix of veggies. I chopped up some left from last week and added some of these to the blend. I roasted the veggies in the oven with some olive oil and seasoning. This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy veggies. We actually sat down to a dinner of veggies over star pasta with parmesan pork tenderloin - all before the boys went out trick or treatiing!
Pumpkin was thrilled that his costume arrived in time. Look closely at the ends of the magnet. There are little chicks stuck to the ends. He proudly transformed into a CHICK MAGNET! We are seeing some girls on his radar screen. I just don't know if I am ready! Peanut donned his pirate garb. He was on a mission. He made the kids run to every house. They came back worn out.

I had the honor of handing out the candy. There were quite a few kids or I did not buy enough candy. We just about ran out. Can you believe it? In between door bells, I made progress on my cowl. I used a chunky yarn I picked up from Hobby Lobby. I am pleased with the end result. I just need to do my M1 differently so it doesn't create a hole. I am thinking some folks might enjoy these for Christmas!


We had a great Halloween. The weather was perfect and the boys have enough candy to last for days!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I love that cowl! It is so pretty and looks warm! I miss passing out candy because we don't get any trick-or-treaters at our house. I love David's tatoo sleeves. I want some! I'm also one of the last people to ever do that! And the chick magnet is just too funny! I can imagine that he has some "chicks" checking him out! Watch out mom! I'm glad the boys had a great time! It was Red Ribbon week here too. Love that you still have D's jersey!!