Friday, November 14, 2008

CSA #9 and Crayon Rolls



I picked up my ninth order from the farmer. This week I picked swiss chard as my selected greens. I wilted them in garlic, butter, and crushed red pepper. I added some diced fresh tomato on top. I can't say the chard was my favorite. The tomato was out of this world. The flavor in a tomato fresh off the vine. But, I digress. The Big Guy and I were able to eat all the swiss chard. We did not have as much luck with the broccoli rabe greens from last week. Yucky! Even so, I haven't given up. I am going to cook what I have left with some sausage. The fat may be needed for those kinds of greens. The rest of the veggies look great and will be eaten up!

I made a few more crayon rolls. One out of the fabric Peanut picked out. Bear with on the angle of these shots. I tried to play with it but iphoto is not recognizing the changes! I wised up and bought a package of pony tail holders at the dollar store. I am using those for the elastic to hold the roll closed. It is much easier than tying the ribbon around it.

I used some more of the fabric and made two more rolls for Peanut's ticket auction at school. I used more quilt squares in the "girlie" one. Peanut said they were a hit today at the auction. I am going to make some festive pencil rolls for the holidays so they can auction them at the next one before Christmas break.


I continue my production of reading pillows. Peanut has two more birthday parties to go to. I was able to pick up "used" hard bound books at the Friends of the Library store. I think it makes sense to give a book with the pillow allowing the recipient to see how it really works. This afternoon the desire to sew the simple tote from Amy Karol's Bending the Rules overcame me. I chose some of the lovely Anna Maria Horner fabric I ordered late in the summer. I hope to have pictures for you by the end of the weekend. I also hope to start these. I have some wool remnants that I want to use up. I really need a new pair of slippers but am going to find it hard to justify spending time on something for me as the holidays approach. I have the attic to clean out as we hope to have a garage sale on Saturday or some Saturday soon. I have another cowl to finish. I have some bibs to cross-stitch. When is it all going to happen? We'll see how much gets down. Happy, warm and productive weekends to all!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That is sooo great that you made these crayon rolls for the auction!! You are always so giving! I feel bad now that my toes will be warm and you need new slippers!!! I'm hoping to find a cute crochet pattern for slippers... I'm into the crocheting lately!