Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas 2009

Bear with me on this one. The images are loaded in reverse order. There are quite a few and I don't have time to move them around.

Here is Buddy after we opend our presents. He doesn't like having his Christmas jammies on. We think he looks pretty cute!

The boys each got these boxers. They are quite fitting given the Peabody hotel in Memphis - famous for the ducks that swim in the fountain all day.

This is our Cincinnati statement. Pumpkin got a new drag suit for the Bengals. I am crossing my fingers they play better in the post-season against the Jets than they did last night.

The "big" gifts of this Christmas were ipod touches. Peanut actually opend his first. The boys have enjoyed downloading and playing the apps over the break.


Peanut wanted a unicycle. Pumpkin gave him one. It will take some time for him to master it. I'll have more pictures of that in another post.

This year I made the boys each a hat. This one for Pumpkin is a Thorpe pattern by Kristen Lapur. The hat is knit in alpaca yarn. Boy! Is it soft. The hat is made of his high school colors. I intended it for wearing on the pool deck during swim meets. I don't know how the yarn will do around the water. I hope Pumpkin is brave enough to wear it!! This is the finished product. I got to try my hand at crotcheting the trim.

Here is the shot of the hat when he opened it. I did not get it done in time. He did not mind. I quickly finished after Christmas adding the grey trim.

I made Peanut and the Big Guy hats from scrap yarn. The pattern is Quarters Cap by Kristin Nicholas. It is a fun knit and a unique way to make a hat. I have more ideas for that pattern, but ran out of time for this holiday season.


Here we are getting ready to open our presents. I had to make the shot black and white to reduce the fear factor of the photo!

The boys waited patiently for the Big Guy to walk the dog. As luck would have it, Home Alone was on.

Here they are first thing in the morning. We had made the trek back from Cincinnati late the night before. This was a first. Peanut had to wake up Pumpkin.

We pulled out Buddy's outfit so he could be like us. We don't think he was too happy about that!

Last, but certainly not leat - a picture from Christmas in Cincinnati. I've always spent Christmas Eve with my family. It is great to see everyone. We chose names this year continuing the homemade theme. It was fun to see what everyone came up with.

This may be a record post in length! Thanks for following it all the way to the end. I hope to make them shorter, but want to catch up with all the other photos from the break. The boys are back in school and I am settling back into my routine. I may just have some free time to think about my New Year resolutions...

No comments: