Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Day Number Two

It is coming!

We got notification early this morning that schools are closed for today. There was not a drop of winter out there. But, they assure us it is coming. We just don't have any equipment to deal with ice or white stuff. The boys were excited and settled back into to bed for a bit.

When Adam rallied, I convinced him to help me make some whole wheat bread. I've had this site bookmarked for some time. The bread is proofing and we should have fresh bread for lunch. Yum! I took some photos and will post after I get a finished shot.

A few weeks ago, I threw away my muffin tins. They had seen their best day. There was some rust on the bottom and I just did not think that was good. I realized I had silicone liners, a gift from a Christmas past. I had never used them. They are a bit smaller than standard muffin tins, but I love them. I'd read folks have problems with sticking. So far, two batches of pumpkin muffins have popped right out. I was thrilled to use something I have and glad I did not run out and buy new muffin pans.


On Tuesday, I finally added a fleece band into the inside of this stocking hat. I bought the yarn in DC last spring break and essentially knitted the hat the entire car ride home. It just took me a long time to finish it up! There is nothing better than a handknit hat with fleece on the inside. Everyone in my family is a convert. I don't knit too much for myself, but knew from the beginning that I'd keep this one. It goes well with my very old Lands' End pullover jacket. It is my go to jacket for walking the dog. Speaking of walking, we got four straight days in. I am on a roll and hope to continue...

So, I mentioned we have a snow day today. The sleet has now turned to snow and we just might get lots of it. They are saying 4-10 inches. That is big time for here! We hope the Big Guy gets to come home and play in it with us.

I knew we were going to hunker down today. I walk the dog, a short 10 minutes, first thing every morning. This morning, I wore my flannel jammies. I've never done that before. I am sure I was a sight to see! On cold mornings, I slip on Pumpkin's swim parka. It is perfect to keep out the wind and the wet. I had that on today too. He doesn't mind. He just laughs when he finds bags in his pockets.

I know I was a scary sight, but this validates it! I donned my new gold knit cap. I wish I could say I knit the hat, but I did not. It was a Target clearance find that was too good to pass up. I never know when I might need it to go watch the Commodores play.

Speaking of Commodores - what a game on Thursday night. They beat TN at UT. They haven't done that since 2005. The 'Dores look very strong. They have another big game on Saturday. They play UK in Lexington. It is on ESPN and we'll be watching. Go 'Dores!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm wondering if you got your snow and if your bread turned out??? I think we may get a little snow tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath! I love your new hat!! I realized that Craig and I both have our Lands End jackets from college (his is teal like yours!)... those coats have lasted forever!! I also laughed at the bags in the pockets!! We are always finding bags in all of our pockets. Hope the game turns out in your favor tomorrow too!