Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Science Fair 2009

Pumpkin is done with science fairs!

Peanut, on the other hand, is just beginning...

His project was titled, The Biggest Loser. The question was which citrus fruit loses the most water. He did research on dehydration. All in all, it was a fairly simple process. He sliced citrus fruit and weighed them over a period of a week to see the weight loss. Most dehydration is done in ovens, but we could not figure out a way to control the variables. He needed to show some sort of data collection.

It was fun to watch the fruit shrival on the plate. The seeds even popped out! The grapefruit slices were so big they overlapped on the plate. By the end of the experiment, there was mold on the grapefruit.

Peanut is probably doing the oral presentation as I am posting this. He was a bit nervous as he hates oral presentations. He will do fine! Here is the infamous board that will be presented in the school gym tomorrow. We are all glad this is done:))

Pumpkin bought this yarn to use for his math project. It did not work for the project. So, he wanted me to knit something. I started on a stocking hat for his high school swim coach. Guess what? I used the wrong size needles and the hat was way too big. I hate that as there were are few hours invested in the hat. I frogged it all yesterday and I just can't get the mojo to start a new one. Ugh! I have to do something with it soon or else it will get packed away for something at a later date.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

His board looks really great! My grandpa made my mom a box to dry fruit in and I wish you could have borrowed that... it would have made your project easier! Don't get discouraged with the project... I tend to frog everything I do. I think they should list that as #2 in the directions- "Hate what you just did and frog it to start over."!!!