Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Unicycle Practice

Peanut got a unicycle for Christmas. I don't know where he got the desire from, but he kept asking for one.

I remember having unicycles in PE in elementary school. Our PE teacher, Mr. Schaefer (what a memory?!) would line them up along the wall. We'd get on them and try to push off the wall. I remember being motivated to figure it out. I'd get about 10 feet from the wall and fall. I never quite mastered it.

Peanut is determined to master his. He looked on the internet and came up with a couple ways to get his balance. One involved using the railing of the deck.

He wasn't quite sure about this one as all his weight is on the railing. It gives him a false sense of balance.

As of late, he's put the sawhorse up using it to get up and tries to balance on the unicycle. It will take some time, but I am confident he will master this. Next thing you know we will be joining a unicycle group!

I know most of the country is cold. We are freezing! There is some white stuff forecasted for tonight. Guess what two boys are excited? The temperature is supposed to go down into the single digits on Friday. That is really cold for this area of the country. The good thing is it can't last for long!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I can totally remember doing that in 5th grade! I always tell people and they can't believe we were taught how to ride them! One of my friend's son got one last year too. Must be that age! I hope he gets the hang of it.. I never could!
I hope you're staying warm too... this has been an extremely COLD winter!