Thursday, January 28, 2010

Proofing - Who Knew?

My oven is three years old. When we replaced it three years ago, I did not do too much research. I had a drop in style. We modified the cabinets to accommodate a slide in. There aren't too many slide in models. I looked at what was out there and picked the one I liked the looks of. It was a special order. We ordered it sight unseen.

I've developed a relationship with my oven. It cooks well and can hold lots. It has quite a few features too. We had a little problem with it right before Thanksgiving. Fortunately, it was still under warranty. As I was flipping through the oven manual, I realized it has a proofing feature. Who knew?

Last week I made a parmesan, sesame seed pull apart bread using frozen bread rolls. And, I got to use my proofing feature!

You have to look closely to see the bread rolls rising in the bundt pan.


Love it! My oven also has a drying feature. We thought about using for Peanut's science fair project but couldn't figure out how to control it, measure it, and make it a project. I just may try to dry some apples or something in the near future. Soccer is about to pick back up and I'll be using the DELAY/BAKE feature. There is nothing better than walking in from the soccer field to a piping hot dinner in the oven!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That sounds wonderful and I had no idea that they had a proofing feature on ovens now!