Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Summary

The night of trick-or-treating was a success! I felt good about it because we guessed right on bags of candy. The weather was beautiful and fun was had by all.

My socks were festive. Not many folks saw them except for when I was on my bike picking up my son from school. I had to roll my jeans up so the pant's leg would not get caught in the chain. My younger son had some fancy socks on too. But, mine took the prize - candy?

The boys were playing football in the yard right up until it was time to go. Thank goodness the costume prep was minimal! It was nice that we did not have the time change yet. It did seemed like we weren't so rushed as there was a bit more light out. My older son went off with a neighbor boy. They had a goal to canvas the entire neighborhood. I think they did as he brought back lots of candy. My younger son stayed with a group and parents. They went pretty far too. Everyone was tired when they came home.

Here is all the candy. You gotta love a dog that doesn't go after the candy. He walked around and got in the boys' faces, but did not find much of interest. We are so goofy. We separate is by type trying to judge what is most popular. Then, the candy gets put into bowls divided up by chocolate and other. Normally, the lollipops get put into a bag. I don't think that happened last night. We did take an inventory trying to incorporate some math with the sugar high. Can you say boring? I briefly thought about having my older son calculate all the calories, but why take the fun out of it? The following details their treats:
Lollipops 37, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups 25, Kit Kats 15, M&Ms 25, Hershey's 10, Snickers 18, 3 Musketeers 5, Tootsie Rolls 23(minus a few already this morning!), Baby Ruth 4, Almond Joy 5(those will go to Grandpa), Twix 5, Whoppers 9, Butterfinger 9, Neslte Crunch 5, Milky Way 2, Kissables 2, Heath 2, Krackel 1, Rolo 1, Milk Duds 4, Kisses 4, Twizzlers 19, Skittles 8, Smarties 22, Nerds 13, Candy Corn 4, Starburst 12, Mike & Ike 6, Jolly Ranchers 14, Now or Later 9, Cheetos 2, Laffy Taffy 6, Peanut Butter Taffy 16, Gummi 8, gum 10 and fruit snacks.

It is amazing with all that candy in front of us, it just doesn't look that appealing. My weakness is Tootsie Rolls. I tried some tiny ones and they were hard. I guess I've turned into a TR snob only liking certain ones!

I am sure we will have candy for a few days. But, I know the boys will be excited to come home from school today, look it all over and grab a few!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I can't believe you guys inventoried your candy!!! Who does that?! :)) I love Almond Joy bars too! (Tell Grandpa he's lucky I'm not down there negotiating them away!!). Our kids got a pretty good stash too. I can't even look or the chocolate will disappear all too quickly!