Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Technology Advances...

A few nights ago, I called my mom and tried to get her to my blog sight. Without mentioning her age, I will just mention that my mom was 45 when she had me. Back then, that was extremely old to have a baby and for it to be the sixth child in the family made people's heads spin. About a year ago, she became the proud owner of a mini Mac using to download pictures of her family. She hasn't mastered the Mac nor the desire to search the Web. Her generation wrote everything down or used a typewriter. All this technology can still be foreign to her.

On the phone the first night, I tried to talk her through accessing my blog. But, we did not succeed and I had to leave to go to choir. I sent her an email with my blog link in it and she went to work cleaning up her inbox. Like I said, she is by no means a regular user. The next evening, I called and she was able to open up the email. She clicked on the link and got to see the blog. The main driving force was for her to read about the All Southwest Choir concert. She was so excited! She hit the Print button and printed it all down. I hope it made her night as she sat and caught up on my posts.

I am proud of her to be willing to try the Mac thing. Yes. It does get her frustrated. It frustrates us all! It all comes with learning something new. Way to go, mom! Hope you enjoyed the blog. I'll have to work on iChat, next!


Krohn Conservatory, Cincinnati, OH
June 2007

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That is so great that she is learning all of this!!! My mom understands it but still forgets how to get to my blog! She'll ask about pictures and I'll say, "Didn't you see my blog?" No. Of course when your computer crashes, you wonder how we ever managed the way they did without it!! I give their generation a lot of credit for patience!!! (also...looks like Craig is considering the Mac right now...fingers crossed!!!)