Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Birthday, Joyce!

Today is my sister-in-law's birthday. Happy Birthday, Joyce!

I have been thinking about her all day. I find that it is no coincidence that Joyce was born on the holy day, All Saint's Day. I have always thought there was something special about this sister-in-law of mine. She is an amazing listener. She takes the time to appreciate people for all that they are worth. She is a massage therapist. In addition to healing people with her hands, she is able to heal people with her words. She is a very talented care giver. She is a wonderful wife (I think my brother would second that!) and a very loving mom. She has relationships with her daughter, son-in-law and son that are amazing. I can only pray that my relationships with my boys end up that way!

Today, our priest spoke of saints and how they lived the Beatitudes. I don't have the power to declare a Saint (Joyce, if you do become a Saint, I'll need all the help I can get!) but Joyce is one person, I think, that incorporates the Beatitudes into her daily life. Our priest mentioned that living that way is not easy. In August, Joyce's grandson was delivered as a stillborn. She not only had to grieve a grandson, but help her daughter and son-in-law grieve the loss of their first child. She is the supporter. Fortunately, she has lots of support for when she needs it. These past few months have not been easy and the road to recovery will be long. The Beatitude, Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted, rings out for Joyce. I didn't mean to make this birthday wish so serious. Please forgive me!

May this year ahead be filled with healing and comfort. We love you and send Birthday Wishes from afar!!!


Joyce with her son and daughter.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday! I remember meeting her when we were pretty young and she was very nice to me!

Becky-- you've been tagged!! (see my blog) Ha!!

Rachel said...

Becky, that was really sweet. You have managed to convey how I feel about my mom. She is the mother I hope and pray to be one day. She is my best friend and I love her very much. Thanks!

Joyce said...

Becky,
Thanks for your beautiful words. I never knew you felt this way and it makes me smile.You are a very special 'sister' in law and I love you!
Joyce
Rachel, I LOVE YOU!
Mom