Friday, November 9, 2007

An OSU fan in Tennessee Territory

Peanut is a big time OSU fan! It doesn't hurt that two of his cousins went there and that they are playing very well.

On Sunday, I broke down and bought him new running shoes. We stopped in a few local stores, but he could not find what he wanted. I was not about to give in to Nike Shocs - his real desire. So, we started searching the internet. We found some he liked at Kids Foot Locker. I decided to give it a shot and order them online. He needed new basketball shoes too. We added them to the cart. As I hit the purchase button, I was pretty confident I'd have to go back to the store to exchange the shoes for a different size.

Guess what? The shoes came in the mail yesterday. And, both pairs fit! I could not believe it. He has growing room and he says they feel comfortable.

His new running shoes are scarlet and grey - right in line with his fondness for OSU. He knew right away what he was going to wear today. As you can see, it all supports the Buckeye's even his red band on his braces. We walked to school today with Buddy and he did not complain about the new shoes at all. I think he was excited to show them off.




I am not sure who OSU plays this weekend, but I know what shoes one little guy will have on!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Tell him we always knew he was smart!!!! I'll have to ask Craig who they play this weekend. We can commiserate as we're in Penn State territory and they hate the Buckeyes! But we display our loyalties proudly! And we've found others at church and school who are alumni's too...just yell out "O..H" and you're bound to hear an "I..O!!!"