Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Many More To Go!


I feel like I am hunkered down on a mission. A few weeks ago I was surfing the internet for free easy knitting patterns. As a novice knitter, I can't tackle too much yet. I found a pattern for slippers using three yarns. I had never done anything like that. They looked easy enough. Off to Hobby Lobby I went as all the yarn stores were closed for the weekend. I found the large needles and the brown and blue yarn. These slippers are so much fun! I had to order the dpns in the large size. I went back to the store buying some sale yarn and I scrounged through all my supplies to round up all the needles I have. I was able to keep knitting until the dpns arrived. I am intrigued by end result of mixing the yarn.

Today I finished my first pair of slippers. I am going to embellish them with a button or two from my Grandma's button box. Surprisingly, they turned out pretty good given the variability of my stitches and tension. I have lots more work to do as these will be my "happy" gifts this year! I hope everyone has the same size feet as me! Gotta get back to it. There are only 41 days 'til Santa comes knocking!!!

And, for those of you who are lucky enough to receive a pair. I apologize that you are getting a sneak preview!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

How fun!!! I am gearing up to make some felt ornaments for the annual Stiebing family ornament exchange!! My Grandma Stiebing (Oma) used to knit us slippers like these when we were girls. Good memories!!!