Friday, November 9, 2007

Wildlife in Suburbia


When we moved here seven years ago, the trees were just becoming trees. Now, the trees in the neighborhood are becoming fairly good size. We need the shade in the summer. And, we get to really enjoy the colors in the fall. With the growth of the trees comes other critters. The other morning, I was walking down the hall and outside the transom window on the gutter a squirrel stared right at me. He or she did not move for quite some time like I had caught it in the middle of something. I was trying to figure out what it was doing and IF it was causing our roof or house any harm. He stayed long enough for me to snap one photo. When I opened the door to get a bit closer, he scurried up the roof!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Hee hee ...I didn't see this post earlier! We get lots of these little guys here!! We have lots of oak trees so the acorns are abundant! Now I think they've gone into hibernation :)