Friday, January 11, 2008

Bootie Covers

I am patting myself on the back. This morning the temperature was 37 degrees F and I decided to head out on my bike. For Christmas, a year ago, and for Christmas, this year, I got bootie covers. I had used them so much - not! - my husband forgot that he gave them to me previously. In an effort to keep my feet warm, I pulled them out and fit them to my cycling shoes.

You have to cut the rubber on the bottom so the pedal clip shows through permitting the ability to clip-in to the bike pedal.

They are quite the fashion statement. The cycling shoes have lots of vents. These booties cover those vents preventing the cold air from freezing your toes!

I am proud to say I did ride. With these love booties, I road about 12 miles. My feet were perfectly warm!

The weather was cooler, but the sun was shining and the wind was not too bad. I layered up and did okay. I wore a headband around my ears under my helmet. I learned that kind of hurt my head. I wore my full-fingered gloves and my hands got too hot half way through the ride. I am still doing lots of self-motivation while I ride. I just keep telling myself to keep pedaling. I forgot my water. Not a good thing. Even in the cold, I needed to drink. I won't do that again. I am physically tired this afternoon, but do feel like I've pushed lots of oxygen through my body. AHHH!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Who are you and what have you done with my friend?!!!LOL I am so impressed that you are out there, especially in the cold. And I had no idea there was all this "stuff" for cycling! I am feeling ultra lazy now compared to you... I just walked around the market this morning :)