Saturday, January 12, 2008

Laundry Room Transformation Begins

While I was at choir rehearsal this morning, my husband started the process to paint the laundry room. It has not been painted or been given any attention for the matter since we moved in. I was impressed when I walked in and he had moved the appliances and cleaned out the millions of lint bunnies that were hiding out. I need to go out on Saturday mornings more often!!! He patched some holes and removed switch plates while the Commodores were playing basketball. I wanted to watch the game. They were undefeated until today losing to Kentucky in Rupp arena after two OTs. It was pretty intense.

Anyway, after dinner, we got the paint out and started the first coat on the walls. We did all of the laundry room with the exception of the spare refrig nook as we don't have room to move frig yet. We'll do that after the new appliances are installed. We went with the standard color in our house. I just love the Benjamin Moore Historic Colors. For the hallways and open areas of the house we used HC80. (Select the Historical Color collection, sort by number and select #80). It is a neutral with just a bit of pizzazz. It is named Bleeker Beige. I can tell I am going to like the laundry room. We hope to get the second coat on tomorrow. As I was painting, I was brainstorming away with other things we need to do. It is exhilarating and amazing what a coat of paint can do! We have to do the trim, but should be able to get it together by Monday afternoon.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I love the color! I didn't know you could view them online like that. Anne and I both love the Benjamin Moore Historical Colors group! She did all her house renovations with that group of colors. You are inspiring me to actually pick colors and get busy. Craig was patching drywall last weekend...that's all the farther we've gotten.