Monday, January 7, 2008

Split

Tonight is the last college football game of the season. The battle for the BCS National Championship is between LSU and OSU. Who to route for? I was raised in that buckeye state and have a certain loyalty to OSU. My niece and nephew went there too. Peanut wore his Ohio State t-shirt to school today. He had his scarlet and grey shoes on too. Pumpkin wore his purple, gold and green collared shirt. It has always reminded me of Mardi Gras and is close enough to LSU. My in-laws both went to LSU. I whipped together a quick scarf for my mother-in-law. It was fun to make using US 35 needles and four yarns. I wasn't sure about the fringe, but think it adds pizzazz to it. It is a bit over the top, but just right to show the Tiger spirit. Last week at this time, it was freezing cold. Today, it is very warm - not much need for a scarf - and a heavy one at that!

Ultimately, we hope the game is good. I'll be listening and knitting away. The boys will get to watch part of the game having to read about the rest of it in the sports pages tomorrow.

Last week, we ran into a family all dressed in their OSU garb in downtown Memphis. They were making their trek to the game. Their son is the back up center. I'll have to look for him!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

The game is on right now!!! I get scared because Craig LOVES his Buckeyes!!! At least I know the opposing team is not so bad either ;)