Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Tuesday

Walked the dog first thing - in the rain. I was wishing it could have been about 10 degrees colder. I think it would have been freezing rain, but the boys would have enjoyed the Snow Day!

Spent a half hour prodding my older son to get ready for school. When he came down, he complained of a headache and a stomachache. I am a softy. I gave him some ibuprofen and sent him back to bed.

I did the dishes. Washed the dog's blanket. Why? So, it could get dirty when he came in from outside. We had to exercise him and the grass is all wet and muddy. His paws and belly were filthy.

I practiced my music for my lesson and for the group I belong to. I am not looking forward to my lesson tomorrow. The Italian progress is not as far as I would like...

I finally showered and headed to the library. I donated a couple books and lots of magazines to the library resale shop. They were grateful. My older son requested a specific book. They did not have it. And, the computer system was down for an upgrade. I was limited to only two books. I found a few for him. We'll see if he reads them.

I went on to the grocery. It was the usual experience. I could not find Muenster cheese. Go figure!

I finished a pair of slippers. I did say I was out of the slipper business, but I keep finding a few more that just need cozy toes.

We all ate dinner on our own. Tuesday nights are action packed. My pb&j was yummy with crunchy peanut butter.

We watched a few dirty jobs on Discovery Channel. They are gross!

Now, the day is done. Why do I feel like I don't have anything to show for it? What happened to the exercise? I need some motivation.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Okay... Nathaniel is back to school today. Now we BOTH need to exercise, so I will check back tomorrow (Thurs.) to see if you did!!! I need motivation too. I think we all need days where we don't have to accomplish huge things. Otherwise I would be pretty upset with myself more often! So far today I've only volunteered for an hour at school and got groceries. Not a big list and the kids are almost home!!!