Monday, January 28, 2008

Finally Remembered

I went to the grocery store today and finally remembered to bring along my used grocery bags. We have lots in the garage. The Kroger here does not have a bin to recycle their bags. So, I thought I'd just re-use them. The baggers here give me strange looks when I ask them to add more to the bag. I guess they get complaints when bags break. I just don't want anymore bags. Even with the ones Buddy uses, we have plenty to keep us going for quite some time. I am thinking about using cloth bags for the groceries, but just don't know. I try to only go once a week to the grocery. I'll have to figure out how many cloth bags I may need. I had the thought about the trunk compartment things that are collapsable. I wonder if they'd fit into the cart. I could fill it with groceries and move it to the trunk. It might be better to have two smaller ones for easier lifting into the car. I don't think that is the winning answer, but I think there is a better answer than using lots of new grocery bags each week.

I did see a pattern where you use the bags as the "yarn" to knit a new bag. I just may have to pursue that...

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Our local grocery sells cloth bags for 99 Cents and then they give you a credit of 5 cents for each one you use every time! I find that I can fit 2 plastic bags worth of groceries in one cloth and they are easier to carry too. Now Craig asks me to pick up plastic occasionally for the dog because we just don't get any now! It's wonderful!