Sunday, September 9, 2007

Banana Bread


Can you smell it? The house was filled with the warm yummy smell of banana bread. Good memories are associated with banana bread. When the boys were babies, I used to make it about every week. It was my outlet for too ripe bananas. It seems like the bananas are getting eaten a bit quicker here. If some don't get eaten and start to look brown, I slide them into the freezer. My collection of frozen bananas was taking up lots of freezer space. So, I thawed them, pulled out the food processor and made three loaves. We have a nut allergy preventing the addition of that crunch to the bread. At my older son's request, we added mini chocolate chips to two loaves. We will be enjoying banana bread with cream cheese for breakfast!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

YUM!! I love banana bread...and I think I can smell it up here in PA!