Friday, September 21, 2007

Inaugral Soccer Tournament


My husband and my youngest son, Peanut, pulled out this evening for Peanut's first out of town soccer tournament. It is just few hours away. But, far enough that I could not drive back and forth to meet commitments we have here at home. I have to admit it felt kind of weird seeing them go. Peanut was excited. He moved his booster to the center and propped his feet right up on the arm rest. I bet he'll be playing as much PSP as he can get in before it gets dark. They get to stay with college friends and actually get to go to a home in between soccer games. I don't think Peanut will miss out on too much not staying at the hotel. His soccer team is not the best. They do seem to be figuring it out learning how to play as a team. I am saying a few prayers that they will play well and have a good time.

The weirdest thing of the night is that I am going to home alone. (I remember dreaming of these nights when the boys were young crying and very high maintenance. I thought I'd always be sleep deprived!) My older son just got a call for an invitation to go to the movies. The movie sounds kind of goofy. Right up his alley! I could not be happier. He's settling in with some friends and I think I just might have to do a little shopping!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Hope your night was relaxing! That's when I pull out the romantic movies that no one will watch with me! ;)