Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Rain in Spain


It has been so dry here for so long. We had some rain yesterday. On the way to church this morning, my older son was praying for rain today. He just wanted to go outside and play in the rain. Can you say cheap entertainment? The boys went outside to play football. It was incredibly humid. Before long, the steady rain started. The kids had an absolute blast. They are soaked from head to toe. It has lightened up, but they are still out there playing some version of touch football. Seeing the smiles on their faces is worth the extra loads of laundry.

The rain in Spain falls mainly in the plain,
Today it fell here - to my boys' gain
With only the puppy dog to complain!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Poor Buddy... we are jealous of your rain! It's dry, hot and humid here!!

Becky said...

We actually enjoyed the rain. I got my PRE planned for next week and did some needlepoint w/o feeling guilty. I'm off to walk Buddy. I think the rain probably stirred up all the mosquitos (sp?).